Monday, January 24, 2011

Inspiration Right Around the Corner

So tonight I spent some time on the floor at Barnes & Noble looking at Knitting books. I wanted to look at some stitch dictionaries for inspiration. I wound up purchasing "The Stitch Collection" which is a 5-volume collection of over 225 different stitches. I wanted to start designing my own patterns for my business and figured this would be a great start! They're adorable and small, so I don't have to carry a huge volume of knitting stitches with me. I already found a pattern that I want to try out for the wristwarmers that I started last night, definitely a good thing that I don't mind frogging my work! :)

I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow night and the Knit night at Panera with some of the ladies from Stitches. I wasn't able to make it last week since I was sick so this week I'm hoping that the snow will hold off so I can have a nice night out. The Panera that we meet at isn't far away from me, and my car is pretty good in the snow so I have no worries. :)

Okay, time to get back to knitting! I need to turn the stitch design I found into a circular pattern. I think I know what I'm doing, time to put my skills to use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment