Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sweater #1 is Done!

My first official (meaning started) sweater in 2012 is finished! I love love love this sweater, the yarn that I picked to make it, and the pattern! I love the pattern so much that I'm planning on making at least three more sweaters! This one is my teal and brown stripe (My coworker actually thought that I bought it at the Gap!). The next one I'll make will be either navy and fuschia stripe, gray and pink (or purple) or my plain black one. Haven't decided yet. I have other sweaters in the works so the other two may not get made right away.

I'm currently almost halfway done with a baby sweater for friends who just had their first girl after having two boys, so I'm working on a pink and purple mix baby sweater. Once that is done I'll need to start on a baby boy sweater for another set of friends that just had their third child, second boy. I already have the buttons I'll be using, so I'll just need to pick up a few skeins of yarn to match and get cracking! Plus I need to work on more orders, so I'll be pretty busy for the next few weeks.

My next sweater that I'll be starting will probably be Adelina by Amy Herzog. I've had the yarn and pattern for a while now...(see, I'm destashing!) and since the weather is perfect for sweaters, I'm looking forward to get my gauge swatch made up and get moving!

The next cardigan on the needles for me will be Tembo by Carol Feller. I'll probably be making some slight modifications to this cardigan, but I'm excited to have one that will fit me properly! The one that I'm currently wearing that's similar in style I've had for over a decade and it's huge on me! But it is nice for lounging around my apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment