Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions

I know every year there's tons of resolutions out there, both knitting and non-knitting related...

So to recap for 2011:
- This was the year that I lost weight (50+ pounds and counting), so that's not a real resolution for me in 2012. I'll be staying on track on Weight Watchers, hoping to hit my goal and become a lifetime member in the next month or so. I'm happy where I am weight-wise, and people I saw at Christmas (that I haven't seen in a while) told me how fabulous I look, so that's definitely something to put a smile on my face!
- This was the year that I found an awesome knitting family at Stitches with Style, and I had a blast getting to know people and gaining more confidence with my mad knitting skills!
- This was the year that I took my first vacation by myself! I went to Whitehead Light Station in Rockland, Maine and I absolutely loved every second of it! I can't wait to go back again in 2012!
- This was the year that I spent without a date. Hahaha. I've been single for a while and I love my life, but it's kinda crazy to think that I went a whole year without even going out to dinner or to the movies with someone! Hopefully that will change in 2012!
- This was the year that I moved out of a horrible living situation into my own apartment, and boy do I love having my own space again!
- This was the year that I met some absolutely fantastic designers in the knitting world, and it definitely gives me something to think about for my future and some things that I hope to accomplish in 2012!

All things considered 2011 was a good year, ups and downs, but without the downs you can't appreciate the ups.

So on to 2012...
- This year I plan on supercharging my knitting life with a LOT of new projects, new designs, new colors, new techniques.
- This year I will do some serious stash-busting. I know that knitters say all the time that they need to go on yarn diets, but I DEFINITELY need to go on one!
- This year I will get some of my knitting UFO's done!
- This year I will go out on a date! Hopefully!
- This year I will blog more! I enjoy reading other people's blogs, so hopefully there are people that enjoy reading mine as well!

So to start for 2012 I have my ravelry queue packed and semi-sorted with new projects. Cardigans, sweaters, vests...definitely can't wait to get started. The cold weather is just starting to hit Delaware, and I only have a sleeve and collars to work on my current sweater project, so I'm hoping to have it done this weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment