Friday, January 13, 2012

All set for 2012

My ravelry queue is organized and I'm ready to get knitting on all my projects for 2012. I have 12 sweaters and 24 cardigans that I would love to make, but I might be weeding down even further once I get going...

First up is the Shapely Boyfriend cardigan that I fell in love with from the Knitty Deep Fall 2011 pattern set. I'm making mine out of Berroco Comfort, and using two colors (Agean See and Coffeeberry Heather) to do some fun stripes. I'm less than 20 rows away from splitting for the sleeves, top down raglans do go quickly! Plus size 9 needles definitely are helping. :) I may need to pick up some more yarn from Linda as I didn't have my stripe sequence clearly planned out when I started, but we'll see. I should have just enough of the Agean Sea color to work everything needed for the body, and all the edging will be done in the Coffeeberry Heather color (which I have more than enough of). Buttons will be repurposed from a store bought sweater that is miles too big on me, but match the yarn perfectly. :) Love it when things fall in to place so easily for knitting!

Okay, back to work I go...knitting and packing, dinner and movies planned for tonight, then home to Pennsylvania early tomorrow morning until Sunday afternoon/evening. Fun weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment