Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The name says it all...

I don't think I could have picked a more perfect name for this blog. Currently I definitely feel like I'm crazy with the amount of projects I have going on. It's a really good thing that I like to keep busy!

To add to the craziness I just started the Clapochet shawl last night as soon as I got my yarn from Linda (who, by the way, is utterly amazing! She HAND WOUND a 990 yard skein of fingering weight yarn for me...craziness!) I refused to go to bed until I had it as wide as I would like it, and now it's a beautiful 18" wide. I'm planning on crocheting until I run out of yarn, so I'm hoping it'll be nice and long. :) The color changes are absolutely gorgeous and it'll be the perfect complement to the spring weather down here. Maybe if I'm speedy enough or just decide to live without a lot of sleep then I'll try to finish it before I go home at the end of March. Crochet usually goes pretty fast for me, but this is a fingering weight yarn (aka sock yarn) and a small hook...so who knows. I felt like I got a lot done in only a few hours last night, so that's a good sign! Plus I think that Linda and I have an unspoken race going on...but technically it's not fair since she does own Stitches so she can knit and crochet on the job! I have to be sneaky at work and knit and crochet on my lunch break!

Speaking of lunch...I'll be eating soon and working some more on my Clapochet...nothing like a secret competition to get me to finish a project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment